Thursday 11 October 2012

To Cut or not to Cut

I’m talking about paper that is. The next task was to make several pieces of paper cut artworks and stick in on a mounting board, I chose to choose the black since for me it more eye catching and cool. Plus white dirties easily. The theme for this paper cutting assignment for me is minimalist. As soon as you see the art works, you'll know what the images that are formed.

Asymmetrical Balance
Basically it’s like balancing element with another element. It has to change its position or rotate it.

                                                                               
Symmetrical Balance
This is on the other hand is making the opposite colours of the artwork. It’s like you negative-it.

Hierarchy
Plain and simple. The order has to have a value so it fits the position

Movement
Cute isn’t it. I chose to make like the fish are moving upwards and ‘meets’ the ship and at the end you could see the clouds. It makes your eyes go to the direction of the image.

Scale
From big to small.  Candles everywhere!

Repetition:
One Four word; Repeat, repeat and repeat! I make a repetition of shirts and you can see crowns hiding :D

Dominant
Your eyes are to focus on one spot. This particular is the heart in the middle. Inspired by one of my childhood cartoons; The Powerpuff Girls!

Rhythm
The movement of the artwork. I'd like to portray that the paint brush are dancing and ‘having fun’ along with the 'rhythm'

Overall, I’m happy with the pieces, especially the Symmetrical Balance since I was inspired by a favourite character of mine. It turned out well!

No comments:

Post a Comment