Sunday 30 September 2012

HAHAHAHA

Comedy; it all begins with a laugh. It wouldn't be comedy without laughter am I right or am I right? It can be divided into multiple genres based of the source of comedy, the method of delivery and many more. You don't have to be a comedian to make people laugh because there are even those type of people that don't even need to do anything. Take this guy for example;

 
In my honest opinion, his performance was poetic and witty. Who would have even thought a guy like him would be able to make people enjoy his 'work'? See how the first judge reacted and how sorry he was later on. As the saying goes, "Don't judge a book by its cover."

My personal favourite stand up comedian is Kevin Hart, I swear, his performance are genius. He takes his jokes personally, he even jokes about his height, family and even the audience.I really recommend you to watch his works and lucky for you, here's one.

 

Now onto another part of comedy, Improvisational comedy! also known as a form of performance art. It doesn't require a script, rather it just comes on the spot. A great technique is required. Some of the basic skills improvisation teaches actors are to listen and be aware of the other players, to have clarity in communication, and confidence to find choices instinctively and spontaneously. (Wikipedia) .The most notable improvisational comedy in today's generation is the show, 'Whose Line Is It Anyway?' This show consist of four performers who create songs, characters, and scenes on the spot.
The objective of this show is being able to make the viewers laugh.

 

Next will be Ventriloquism! I absolutely adore people who are talented enough to make a puppet communicate with the comic itself because it is a stagecraft that requires a person being able to change his or her voice so that it appears that voice is coming from the puppet itself. One difficulty ventriloquists face is that all the sounds that they make must be made with lips slightly separated. The video I'm gonna show you will amaze you, I'm sure of it. He not only is good at ventriloquising but also impressions!

 


image
Notable comedic actors that made an impression (that pun was not intended) not only to myself but to the world is none other than Charlie Chaplin. I came to know more about Charlie when I watch a biographical film starring Robert Downey Jr as him. It left an impact on me so I decided to research more about his famous slapstick comedy. That type of comedy influenced other comics such as Rowan Atkinson, famously known as Mr Bean.

to end all of this, watch this and have a good laugh! (in a way)




 Here's the infamous comedy skit. Let the lame laughter begin!
First Attempt:


Second Attempt:

No comments:

Post a Comment