Wednesday 30 January 2013

Documentary

I guess this is it, the final post of the day? (Unless I feel like sharing other bits and pieces of other things but meh)

I will like to present, our last project for Contextual Studies; Documentary. Before I showed you guys the video, let me do the honors and say that before this, we had interviewed three other people but due to lack of contextual meaning behind it. We thought 'oh bugger!' seriously. WE WERE SO DOWN. But it just gave me the motivation to try something new. I had a few people in my mind that I hoped that I could get in touch with. But before that, enjoy our journey for the documentary.

I remember during Urbanscapes, we had been wanting to search on people for our documentary but due to the timing issue and the crowd, we couldn't. But we found this guy. It was pretty cool seeing how he wows the crowd. His name is Calvin, He's a dj. He's in a group called 'Twilight Action Girl'. Most of the song he plays are indie songs and some jazz here and there.

Second stop is Vivian from the shop Hebe. All of the accessories here are handmade by her. From keychains to hair ties to rings to pursers to just about anything! It was pretty 'WOW' from me when I saw her showing us a demonstration of a handmade piece she made for us using just zippers and buttons. You could see Jessica holding it.

 
The next one is Clay Shop. The owner of this shop is Chris. He is a clay artist and currently conduct his classes to people who are interesting making clay from just about anything. We actually saw a few students making such beautiful clay pieces.

Now we move on. Move ooooon

After the class with Mr Charles, we realized omg we had to do it all over again but honestly, I knew that we had to do something different. So I was contemplating on three people. One of them is U-Wei Hj Saari, an award winning Malaysian film director. Next one was a fashion designer that goes by the name of John Paris and the last one is an Oil Painter, Xing Ning. Too bad two of them are currently overseas busy with work. Thankfully Xing Ning was there!

You see, I had been going to Oil Classes from October until December. I had a blast during the classes and I loved my art work. Pretty good for a beginner okay! haha, let me share with you :)
Artwork by Tengku Namira Alya

(L-R) Namira, Vanessa, Jin, Xing Ning, Jessica and Tiffany

Let's get back! Anyway, Xing Ning runs an art academy called ' Claz'room ' with her classmate Jin. The school has been running for about 3 years and are doing great! They mostly focused on media arts. For every art classroom, it is name for artist such as if you're studying oil painting, your class will be under 'Van Gogh'. They also have classrooms like 'Picasso', 'Dali' and many more. Honestly I think it's kinda genius and cute.

LETS WATCH THE INTERVIEW!
)

 Enjoyed it? I hoped you did :) 
It's been such a nice experience making these posts.
GOODBYE PEOPLE.
MISS ME DON'T CHA.
I HOPE YOU DO.
Cause I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment